Travel Tips Update (downloadable PDF)
Finding An Alternative Hotel
The IPDPS hotels are located in the Aurelio section of Rome, and the nearest Metro stop is Cornelia. Go to Rome Travel Guide. Click on Hotel Reservations, pick one of the hotels and click Availability and type in dates. If available, it will show accommodations & rates (in euros for total stay). If no availability, click on the map for that hotel and it will show all of the other nearby hotels on the map. Go to another hotel on map and click. It will show you availability and rates for the dates already selected
IPDPS 2009 Location
The Aurelia Convention Centre is a collection of hotels set in a garden and residential park area. Two hotels in the complex will provide sleeping rooms and meeting rooms for IPDPS 2009. The Grand Hotel Palazzo Carpegna is co-located with the main meeting rooms, where events will be held all week. The Torre Rossa Park Hotel, which is a five-minute walk from Palazzo Carpegna, will provide some workshop meeting rooms on Monday & Friday. The metro underground rail stop - Cornelia - is less than 5 minutes walk, with quick and easy transit to the center of Rome.
Getting To The Hotels
To get to the IPDPS hotels from Rome's main airport (FCO), either [recommended] take a taxi from the airport to your hotel (40 euros) or take the Leonardo Express train from the airport to Termini railway station (11 euros). The ticket may be purchased at the airport.
From the Termini railway station, you may:
- take a taxi to the hotel (20 euros), or
- take the underground Metro - Line A in direction of Battistini - to the Cornelia stop, or
- take the bus (outside Termini Station) - Route H from Piazza dei Cinquecento - to Via Aurelia @ Piazza San Giovanni Battista de la Salle (in front of McDonalds).
Travel Tip: If you take the underground Metro to the Cornelia stop, when you get off the train, be sure to take the exit towards Via Aurelia @ Piazza San Giovanni Battista de la Salle.
- For Grand Hotel Palazzo Carpegna: Once you get to Piazza San Giovanni Battista de la Salle, turn right on Via Aurelia and walk for 200 meters (.12 miles).
- For Torre Rosa Park Hotel: Once you get to Piazza San Giovanni Battista de la Salle, go to the bus stop located in front of McDonalds. Take bus route 889/892 (route 98 on Sundays/Bank holidays), and ask the bus driver for the right stop.
Hotel Travel Information: See additional information in pdf's provided by hotels about Public Transportation and Private Transfers and details on booking City
General Travel Links