Applications are invited from students (PhD, Masters, and Senior Undergraduate) and faculty from Indian academia for India-based Travel Awards to support attendance at IPDPS 2015 in Hyderabad (25-29 May).
NOTE: Students from India who are authors of conference and workshop papers and students accepted to participate in the PhD Forum are eligible to receive travel grant assistance by applying at the IPDPS 2015 Student Travel page. The deadline for applications is March 7th, and these awards are sponsored by the IEEE Computer Society Technical Committee on Parallel Processing, the sponsor of the conference.
The following travel award initiative for both faculty and students from academia in India is intended to complement and, based on the availability of funds, supplement the awards made through the TCPP Student Assistance Travel Grants.
In determining the distribution of funds from both sources (TCPP and Indian fellowship grants), preference will be given to student authors and to graduate students and senior undergraduate students – based on merit – who would otherwise be unable to attend the conference.
To apply for the India Student Travel Award:
Complete the information requested in the online form. Use the Submit button at the bottom of the form to send your application to the India travel award committee.
- To qualify for a student travel assistance award, the recipient must be a full-time student regularly registered toward a degree in computer science and engineering or related field at an Indian university.
- The information requested about your advisor will be used to obtain your advisor's official endorsement -- an email will be sent to your advisor with a request to endorse your travel.
- If you have already applied for the TCPP Travel Grants administered by the TCPP Travel Grant Committee, you do not need to apply again here. Your application will already be under consideration by TCPP and the awards made will be coordinated with the India Student Fellowship Chair who oversees this initiative.
To apply for the Faculty Travel Grant:
Faculty applicants can send their application as an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with a copy of their bio-data, stating their research interests, publications, if any, and also a short paragraph on why they want to attend IPDPS-2015.
- Applicant must be a full-time faculty in Computer Science and Engineering or related discipline in an Academic Institution in India.
- Do clearly mention if you or one of your students has a paper in the IPDPS 2015 main conference or in the affiliated events (workshops / PhD Forum).
The grants will be distributed post-conference in the form of reimbursements against actual expenses incurred during the conference and India-based event, including travel (3AC for students, subject to a maximum of Rs. 3,000) and economy airfare (subject to a maximum of Rs.15,000), registration (at reduced cost) and accommodations (for students on twin sharing basis). The number of grants will be based on availability of funds. Specific instructions regarding accommodations and registration will be given at the time of award announcement.
| Application Deadline
March 15, 2015, 4.30 p.m.
March 23, 2015
Address any inquiries to email@example.com.