Recipients of student travel grant awards have been notified by email. Those who did not receive a grant in this first round will remain on the applicant list should additional funds become available.
A limited number of travel assistance grants are available from the IPDPS sponsor TCPP, the IEEE Computer Society Technical Committee on Parallel Processing. Priority will be given to students who would otherwise be unable to attend the conference and to graduate students presenting their own published work. Notice of awards will be made prior to the conference. The grants will be distributed post-conference in the form of reimbursements against actual travel, registration and accommodations expenses submitted by the student. The amount of the grants will be based in part on student travel requirements, quality of paper/poster, and on TCPP funds availability. Notification of awards will be made by the end of February.
To qualify for a student travel assistance grant, a recipient must be:
- an author of an accepted conference, PhD forum, or workshop paper and be registered for the conference,
- a Student Member of IEEE Computer Society at the time he/she submits an application, and
- a full-time student regularly registered toward a degree in computer science, engineering or related field at a university.
To apply for a grant, see the following instructions:
- Complete the information in the downloadable pdf form.
- Obtain your advisor’s endorsement & signature on the form.
- Prepare the completed application form along with your paper-poster acceptance notice and all reviews as a single pdf or zip file, which can be attached to an email. The file name should include your full name.
- The subject of the email should be as follows: (your full name) – TCPP/IPDPS 2010 Travel Application.
- The body of the email should include: your name, contact information, and title of paper/poster.
- Send this email with the single pdf or zip file attachedment to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Applications should be submitted by February 15, 2010.
The IEEE Computer Society Technical Committee on Parallel Processing (TCPP) acts as an international forum to promote parallel processing research and education and participates in setting up technical standards in this area. Issues related to the design, analysis and implementation of parallel systems and solutions are of interest. These include design and analysis of parallel architectures and algorithms, and application development on parallel machines. TCPP sponsors professional meetings, brings out publications, sets guidelines for educational programs, and coordinates academia, funding agency, and industry activities in the above areas.